Everyone is familiar with the mystery of the lonely sock – no matter how careful you are, there is always one sock, missing it’s mate. Whether it has fallen out behind the wardrobe, or it has joined its ancestors, I really can’t help you find it. I can, however, give you a few suggestions on what you can do with a lonely socks, you will never again be able to put on:
1. Use it as a cleaning cloth – A lonely sock, in perfect condition, yet oh-so-companionless, is a sad, sad sight. One that torments the dreams of every housewife. To protect yourself from the haunted dreams, you can always do what your granny used to when she had to deal with the lonesome sock. Just wash it, put it on like a glove and use it to clean… or don’t put it on your arm, if you have a mild podophobia (fear of feet).
2. Make a sock doll – Another way of dealing with a solitary sock is to grab a needle, some thread, wool, as many colourful beads as you would like, and use your imagination. Do you remember how much fun you had when your nana made you one? Why not do the same with your kids – sometimes the simplest of toys are the ones that help us (and consequently the kids) to develop a powerful, creative imagination.
3. Warm up your cold feet – This tip is applicable, only if you have a perfectly good sock (no holes in it!). Fill it up with sea salt or rice and tie the loose end – just to make sure you wouldn’t have to sweep or even vacuum clean the floor later. Place it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Afterwards, you can enjoy the radiating heath for more than an hour. The remedy for cold feet works pretty well for sinusitis, too.
4. Make an aroma sachet – You can make your own aroma sachet from and old sock. It will not only deodorize your clothes, but if you fill it with lavender heads and other herbs, it will keep the moths away from. For some reason moths are repelled by the smell of lavender and won’t come anywhere near your drawers of wardrobe, if you strategically place some sachets in them.
- The Benefits of Periodic Floor Sanding and Polishing - September 17, 2020
- Why Is It A Better Option to Hire A Local Electrician? - September 14, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Invest in a Pergola for Your Backyard - September 3, 2020