One of the best methods of transforming your outdoor space is by using pavers. It can convert your backyard into a fully usable and functional space. This is especially useful for those who prefer to use their outdoor space for family or friends get-together. Outdoor sand and unlevelled land can make the furniture placement uncomfortable. Homeowners have the option to pick from many different types of pavers like the travertine pavers in Melbourne; some of the most popular ones include concrete, porcelain and natural stone.
There several factors to consider when planning to transform the backyard or the patio like the architectural style and special construction requirements. Consider the quality of the material, weather conditions and type of applications. The major advantage of opting for natural stone pavers is that it is not affected by external weather conditions and can last for generations. The other advantages of searching for natural stone suppliers in Melbourne to install in your house are explained in this article.
Advantages of using natural stone pavers
- This is the best method of ensuring a unique design since natural stone is found naturally and not manufactured. It is not likely that two different stones will have the same pattern or texture.
- Natural stone appears very beautiful and will increase the aesthetic value of your home. For example, the bluestone pavers in Melbourne are very effective in complementing traditional homes as there are many options to choose from.
- It is durable as compared to others, tensile and strong as compared to other man-made alternatives.
- It is an ideal stone for outdoor purposes, like, swimming pools or patio. For example, granite is one of the hardest stones available that is useful for heavily used areas.
- Opting for man-made products like concrete or bricks also means depleting our natural resources and is not eco-friendly. On the other hand, natural stone products are found in nature and are not necessary to use any chemicals for the construction or treatment of the pavers.
- There is no addition of any artificial additives, they are naturally strong and crack proof.
- They are easy to install, cost-effective and are not affected by harsh weather conditions.
- No matter what the season, the natural pavers will not let you down; it will help keep your exterior cool in summers and warm during winter.
- In terms of style or trend, natural stone pavers are timeless and always in trend. They have been around for a very long time and still create quite an impact when installed anywhere.
- It is ideal for homeowners whose main aim is to beautify their backyard and improve curb appeal. Unlike other material like concrete which will fade over time, this will appear in pristine condition for a long time to come.
- This is a good way of ensuring there is no grime or oil on the surface that can potentially cause someone to slip and fall making your outdoor space safer.
- It tends to have a high level of porosity which can control the water absorption rate. The level of porosity also defines the strength of the material while dealing with extreme weather conditions like cold heat. This will ensure there are no cracks, breaks or stains. Different stones will have different levels of porosity. For example, travertine and limestone have medium absorbency while granite is completely waterproof.
Natural stone pavers improve and beautify the home. They are low on maintenance and can be cleaned easily. It does not retain dirt, liquid spills or hazardous materials, hence it is also one of the more hygienic options. It is also more cost-effective and easily available from one of the many stone wholesalers in Melbourne.